Twenty-two miles of California redwood bleacher-style seats were installed prior to the 1927 dedication of Michigan Stadium. In 1965, the benches were clad in blue fiberglass to prevent discoloration and further weathering of the wood. During an infrastructural upgrade at the Big House, a limited number of these seats were salvaged by a private party with a 30-year University relationship. On March 9, 2005, they were transported from the stadium grounds to private storage and ultimately to a warehouse about 300 yards from the stadium, where they’ve been preserved since 2010. A limited amount of this redwood bench seating has been entrusted to Tokens & Icons to create unique and tasteful gifts for the Michigan faithful.
- This bottle opener is crafted from authentic Michigan Stadium seat wood
- Bench redwood features the weathered surface from which fans cheered for decades
- Quality nickel plated hardware. Measures 6-1/2" and engraved with the stadium name
- Wood removed during 2005 renovation
- Officially licensed by University of Michigan, each bottle opener comes gift-boxed with a certificate of authenticity