Through her curiosity and love of knitting, the owner of Silver Spun Goods, Laurie Gonyea discovered the magical and therapeutic properties of yarn spun with pure silver. However, this extraordinary material was not being produced in the US for the hand knitting market. Laurie set out to change that. In 2013, Laurie teamed up with North Carolina State University to produce the first hand knitting yarn in the US using American-grown cotton and pure silver, and called it SilverSpun®. Together they created a revolutionary yarn that is as warm as wool, soft as butter, kills odor causing germs, and needs fewer washes. For six years SilverSpun® was only available to knitters, but Laurie always had bigger plans for her yarn. She wanted to make the therapeutic qualities of this yarn available to everyone. The result is a collection of super cozy socks that are kind to your skin and the world around you. Each collection is designed and made in the US, crafted with the finest fabrics, infused with pure silver, and produced in limited runs.
- Kind to your skin, these revolutionary socks are constructed with 88% Combed American Cotton, 11% Silver/Nylon, and 1% Spandex/Nylon. Every single stitch in these socks is infused with actual silver! Silver is known for its properties of inhibiting the growth of odor-causing bacteria and kills germs. What better socks to live life in!
- The classic sophisticated crew style lends to the flexibility of either dressing up your cuffed pants or keeping it casual with your favorite pair of sneakers. Keeping your comfort in mind, the toe seam is on the outside of the socks to keep the inside smooth and comfortable
- Thinking of the environment, these socks are crafted using only the finest fabrics and all-natural low-impact hand dying processes designed to need fewer washes
- Proudly designed and produced in the USA
- Silver Spun Goods is dedicated to thoughtfully designing pieces that are kind to your skin and the world around you