Brackish cummerbunds are a work of art that are completely unique and individual. Brackish repurposes the beauty of nature by recycling feathers into one of a kind cummerbunds. The intricate production process, in which the feathers are individually hand selected, cleaned, paired, and crafted, requires 15 hours to complete. Brackish sustainably sources feathers from all over the United States. When birds molt, they lose their feathers, which are usually thrown out. No birds were harmed for their feathers. Brackish cummerbunds are handmade by a team of artisans in Charleston, South Carolina.
- Using a technique similar to Brackish bow ties, feathers are laid down a specific way to adhere to a 4 panel pattern
- Brackish hand stitched individual ribbing for a segmented look using a high quality grosgrain cloth and silk linen backing
- 24.5" long x 5.5" high not including adjustable elastic bands with hook closures. Fits as is up to 45" around waist with extra seam allowance on both sides for tailored expansion if needed
- Fits as is up to 45" around waist with extra seam allowance on both sides for tailored expansion if needed. Packaged in a custom made wooden storage box wrapped in natural linen and hand branded
- Brackish feather cummerbunds are handmade in Charleston, South Carolina