Brackish co-founder Ben Ross forages for wild plum thicket branches in the midlands of South Carolina. These limbs must then be cured before they are trimmed and paired with hand selected feathers. This process truly embodies one of our Core Values: Respectfully Repurposing the Beauty of Nature. Our Plum Thicket Pins have been designed to complement any of our signature bow ties, or a stand alone statement on its own. It can be worn as a lapel pin, brooch or hat accent. In college, a special group of friends took us back to their hometowns in Kentucky and gave us our first Derby experience. We were immersed in the captivating culture of the bluegrass state, enjoying our first Ale-8-One, seeing Churchill Downs for the first time, and drinking good bourbon. The Derby Collection is dedicated to the fond memories we built on the race track with friends by our side.
- Tan/brown with a green and gold iridescent accent. Made with partridge, peacock feathers, and a hand-foraged plum thicket thorn
- Pairs best with the Hudson bow tie on a lapel or on a hat.
- No dyes are used, giving each tie a unique coloring
- Feathers are all-natural and sustainably sourced . The wrap around adjustable hook, fits sizes 11" to 20"
- Arrives in a hand-branded, pine gift box. Includes a list of the feathers used and instructions on how to care for your tie. Bow ties are handcrafted in Charleston, S.C. and take between 4-5 hours to complete. Every feather is hand selected by our artisans, making no two ties exactly alike